Out of the Mouths of Babes...and Dudes- John Bytheway

"I always wondered how people could say. " I love you" to people they don't even know, but now I realize that we all knew each other well a long time before. We're really just finally meeting up with old friends. "
-A young woman

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yahoo!!!

So I am offically done nursing. And Hailey is now on Cows whole milk!!! Yippy. I know she is only 11 months, but thats the way it happened.
I thought it was going to be a long process so i started early. With the weeks before i would skip a feeding here or there never more the one a day but i just wanted to see how she would do! She Loved it cause now that she can walk she just has too much to do. My sister sugessted that i start with an ounce a day and see how hailey's body handles the milk. (neither one of us thought is would be such a short process). Well nothing happened abnormally. So i gave her a little more the next day. And cut out the two middle day feedings. She did great!! she loved being able to walk aound while drinking milk. Then Thursday came she put up a fight when i tried to get her to nurse in the morning but we did. An then she just had cows milk the rest of the day. Then firday- I offered she turned her head and sucked her thumb. twice. So then i said okay we went through the day she got a little fussy so i thought it was because she hadn't nursed all day. I offered again. Same thing. Sucked the thumb and turned her head. And we have't nursed since. Crazy.
She does really well dinking the milk. Mainly at night is when she will drink it the best. She just loves walking back and forth around the kitchen drinking and eating her crackers. It is so cute and she is just so happy.
It is nice to be free again. I'm just hoping things go back to normal. But it is so nice to not have to worry about her needing to nurse when we go somewhere or if people come over.
Oh so nice!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah Hailey! Isn't cow's milk great?

Tasha said...

Don't you just love the growing up part? Well, you know what I mean. Hope you're enjoying Cheyenne!

Michelle said...

Yay! I bet you're loving it! Congrats on nursing as long as you did!

Carrie Wood said...

The picture of the cow is hilarious. It's nice not to feel like you ARE one anymore, huh?