Out of the Mouths of Babes...and Dudes- John Bytheway

"I always wondered how people could say. " I love you" to people they don't even know, but now I realize that we all knew each other well a long time before. We're really just finally meeting up with old friends. "
-A young woman

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So i was wondering for all of you moms if you ever had a child that would cry so hard that they would pass out? Today was the worst it has ever been. She started to cry and got so mad that she stoped breathing fell back wards(from the kneeling postion) back arched and thats when i got to her and i blew in her face she took a breath but still didnt breath then she just laid in my arms i kept trying to get her to open her eyes and breath noramally so i kept blowing in her face and saying her name. She would open them for 2 seconds and close them again. Finally after a minute or so she opened her eyes and started breathing better. But it was so scary! Any advice?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Makray has done something similiar to that twice. It isn't that he is crying more that he gets angry and will hold his breath. He hasn't passed out but he turned purple once. I blew in his face as well which made him gasp, my mother said my brother would do this all the time. But he WOULD pass out, or at least pretend. She said he would roll his eyes into his head a lot... but she said as long as his coloring was good she knew he was getting air and was likely just being dramatic when he wouldn't open his eyes or breath regularly. I dont know if that gives you any comfort Mak hasn't done it since he was maybe 10 months old. My mother said she would just ignore it and eventually my brother realized that his passing out episodes wouldn't get him any where and he quit doing it. but if she does it often or you are super worried i would call your doctor.