Out of the Mouths of Babes...and Dudes- John Bytheway

"I always wondered how people could say. " I love you" to people they don't even know, but now I realize that we all knew each other well a long time before. We're really just finally meeting up with old friends. "
-A young woman

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh

So I am trying to teach Hailey to sleep through the whole night. I think it is about time that her and i stop waking up in the middle of the night!!! So I have been trying to help teach her on how to self-sooth. So when she wakes up I'll go in there and comfort her and hold her for a little bit and then put her back down. Of course there is some protesting and depending on how bad it is will determine if i go back in. Cause if she gets too worked up she wont go back to sleep.

During the process of Hailey going back to sleep you can hear her standing up and crying and then you'll hear a thud type sound of her just collapsing on her mattress This is her after she fell down and fell asleep. So sad!!! But is was so nice to sleep through the night the next night.

2 comments:

Kacey said...

good luck with that!! we are way lucky with brooklyn!! she has slept through the night several times..and again last night!! its SOOOO nice!

Carrie Wood said...

I agree...good luck with it. You really both need your sleep, so you are helping both of you. From what I read you can transition from picking them up to help them sooth to just going in and maybe rubbing their back or face, then to just coming in the room and saying, "Shhh.." and then - you're out! No more waking in the night. You change what you do every few nights once it works.
It sounds like you have it under control. Just telling you one of the ideas I read.