Out of the Mouths of Babes...and Dudes- John Bytheway

"I always wondered how people could say. " I love you" to people they don't even know, but now I realize that we all knew each other well a long time before. We're really just finally meeting up with old friends. "
-A young woman

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Project for Logan

Well as you can see we really have been all about the projects lately. I have been having so much fun! This was actually the first project because i started working on this during school and I'll take more detailed pictures later but I am so excited that i have finished what i wanted to get done before Logan that i just have to share. I wanted to make Logan a bedding set. I took home decor sewing and needed projects so I made a bed-skirt, curtain, and a bumper pad. (the quilt is still in progress but as i said I'm not in a hurry to finish that). And I just finished the bumper pad today! I got the idea off of a bedding set from J.C.Penney's and I really liked it but it did not tie in the colors of Hailey's room already. So I had to find a way to incorporate those-they will be sharing a room for some time. But it had to be boy! So I came up with this!

The bed skirt has little sport embroidery( football, soccer, golf, basket ball). I love that machine! But this was so fun to make-not perfect that is for sure but it looks so cute and I am just so excited for little Logan to come now!  I feel that we are ready when he is now that his bed is set up and Hailey is getting excited to I think.

No comments: