Out of the Mouths of Babes...and Dudes- John Bytheway

"I always wondered how people could say. " I love you" to people they don't even know, but now I realize that we all knew each other well a long time before. We're really just finally meeting up with old friends. "
-A young woman

Monday, March 1, 2010

Aspic

So just today in class we worked with aspic. It is a jello giggler but it the max. Gelatin can hold a 7(water)parts to 1(gelatin)part ration. We were working with an 8-1 ratio. and because it was not flavored they were saying it smelled really bad. Luckily i had a stuffy nose so i could not smell it, but it is a lot of fun to work with. Really the only reason you would work with this is for center pieces. You could flavor it, but as we described it- it has the texture of cartilage. So really not something you would want to eat.

So this is a Calli Lilly, It was so fun to work with the colors. I want to do another one before the semester is out. I want to do one on a mirror. They look so amazing. but what is fun and i hope my classmate does not mind but you can peal these of the plates and put them somewhere. So he did the transformer logo and peeled it off and put it up on our window in the class room. crazy. it got a little dis-formed, but you get the idea

 


1 comment:

Carrie Wood said...

Wow! That is amazing. I have actually eaten cartilage, and I can say, it is disgusting!!!