Out of the Mouths of Babes...and Dudes- John Bytheway

"I always wondered how people could say. " I love you" to people they don't even know, but now I realize that we all knew each other well a long time before. We're really just finally meeting up with old friends. "
-A young woman

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

It was so fun on Thursday. I cooked my first turkey!!! If i may say so my self it turned out really good, juicy and all. We made stuffing, potato's, gravy green beans, rolls, and an apple cider. Everything turned out so good--well except the gravy, needed more flavor-- But it really was a good turn out. I would do this again...lol...good thing huh.


We made name plates for us. Formal dinner deserves name cards.
We set the table all pretty. It was so fun to do this as a family. This was our first Thanksgiving with just us.This is Jason cutting his first Turkey! He did really well. Then after we ate he finished carving the rest of the turkey.
We really had a great day. The night before Jason and i pulled out the mattress and slept on the floor in the living room. We slept in, Jason made a really good breakfast while i got the turkey in the oven. then we just played and cashed Hailey around hung out and then we started cooking. Yum Yum.
Then we headed down to Jason's parents house to hang out with them. We played games and ate some more.
Then on Friday we went down to their house again to have Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family...well except for Tim and April. It was so fun to see the kids!!!

3 comments:

Carrie Wood said...

It all looks delicious. I am so impressed. Did you do pie, too? If so you are a wonder woman!

Anonymous said...

way to go! i still haven't made a turkey yet. we are always with family. i am sure my turn will come around. good job!

Mrs. Mandy said...

I just saw your comment on Ivan's alphabet chart. I was silly and didn't save the whole thing, I just did a letter at a time and printed it out. I can email you the one template that I do have saved and from there it's super easy. Change each of the letters, replace the picture with a new one (i just googled images), and type a new word. I printed one letter per page of card stalk and then covered them with contact paper so they would hold up a little longer. It took me about two hours to do start to finish! Good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.